You’ll find plenty of fun things to do in Little Elm,TX or just down the road! There’s so much going on in and around our bustling lakeside town, and in “Sports City USA” (otherwise known as Frisco, TX), which is just a short hop away. Whether you want hometown fun or world-class entertainment, less than a half-hour’s drive from Union Park you can:
- Have fun in the sun at Texas’s newest waterpark or stay cool at the National Videogame Museum.
- Connect with the world-famous Dallas Cowboys or cheer on the MiLB AA Frisco Rough Riders.
- Chow down on pretty much any cuisine you can think of – from Italian to tropical Tex-Mex!
- Run, swim, golf, or paddleboard outdoors, or pamper yourself indoors with shopping or a spa visit.
When you live in the perfectly situated new home community of Union Park by Hillwood in Little Elm, TX, activities, dining spots, and close-by options for shopping number in the hundreds! Of course, the fun starts with the community-wide parties, gatherings, and activities of Union Park’s Lifestyle Program, where residents can enjoy more than 300 events annually. But when you want to explore further afield, check out these exciting activities near Little Elm and Frisco.
Go Play: Frisco and Little Elm Recreation Activities
Take a hike, splash with the kids, or play a round of golf. There’s no shortage of options when it comes to Frisco and Little Elm activities in the great outdoors!
First of all, check out The Lakefront at Little Elm on beautiful Lake Lewisville. Of course, you can swim, sail, or play beach volleyball, but you can also rent surfboards, paddleboards, and boats; watch movies in the park, or enjoy lakeside dining (more on that later.) The brand-new splash park, The Cove at the Lakefront, boasts water slides for all ages and a FlowRider Double Surf Machine.
Public parks like Little Elm Park and McCord Park offer playgrounds, shady wooded areas with hiking and biking trails, and an 18-hole disc golf course. For a more traditional game of golf, check out the Trails of Frisco Golf Club, with its challenging Jeff Brauer-designed course, full grass driving ranges, putting green and short-game practice area.
Get Your Game on! Sports Activities in Little Elm and Frisco
Believe it or not there are world-class sporting events near Little Elm, just twenty minutes from your doorstep in Union Park! The Toyota Stadium hosts Major League Soccer’s FC Dallas and FFCD Youth Academy, the Frisco Bowl, and the FCS Championship game. It’s also the future home of the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
The Star in Frisco, the Dallas Cowboys’ 91-acre campus, is more than the team’s world headquarters and practice facility (though that’s nothing to sneeze at). While at the Star, you can visit the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor walk, browse the shopping district, and have fun in the Tostitos Championship Plaza, an interactive area that connects fans with the Cowboys.
Looking for something a little more low-key? Check out the charming Riders Field at Dr. Pepper Ballpark. You can watch the Frisco RoughRiders play, eat at Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, and float your way down the new Choctaw Lazy River.
Golf fanatics are eagerly anticipating the opening of the Omni PGA Frisco Resort which opens May 2, 2023, just steps away from the newly relocated PGA of America headquarters. In true Omni style, the resort offers luxury amenities of the highest caliber, including the two 18-hole championship golf courses, a lighted, 10-hole par-3 short course, a 2-acre putting course and entertainment area, 500 guest rooms and suites, and 10 four-bedroom ranch houses.
Even non-golfers will get excited about the Omni PGA Frisco’s PGA District, which features signature dining, retail, virtual game experiences, and programmed entertainment, the full-service Mokara Spa, Lounge by Topgolf, four pools including an adults-only rooftop infinity pool.
For a completely different type of game, head over to The National Videogame Museum, where you can delve into the gaming industry’s history and even better, play the video games of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Grab a Bite at Great Frisco and Little Elm Restaurants
There are so many great restaurants in Little Elm and Frisco–far too many to list them all here. Here’s just a sampler platter of what you can find if you’re looking for places to eat in Little Elm and Frisco:
- Tiki torches, grass-thatched bars, and water views: Hula Hut is a tropical Texas paradise! They call their food, “Tex Mex with a Polynesian twist.” We call it delicious, with a killer lake Lewisville view—one of the best places to eat in Little Elm!
- Looking for an excellent brunch or lunch option? Look no further than…Eggsellent! Whether you’re looking for vegetarian fare like berry waffles or stick-to-your-ribs biscuits and gravy, this friendly, locally owned café fits the bill!
- If you’re craving real Italian food, try Baonecci Ristorante, where Mamma Stefania makes fresh pasta every day. She also hand-rolls every pizza crust—a unique cracker-like style crust that draws aficionados from miles away.
- Recognized by Texas Monthly for its exceptional barbecue, Frisco’s family-owned Tender Smokehouse offers smoked meats, loaded baked potatoes, sides, desserts, breakfast, and a nice selection of local craft beer and wines. They are proud to cook with locally sourced ingredients in their dishes and pride themselves on their friendly service and relaxed atmosphere.
Get Essentials (and Find Treasures) Shopping Near Little Elm, Texas
Whether you need to pick up the basics, or browse for one-of-a-kind finds, you’ll find great shopping near Little Elm, TX. Here are two of the most popular, close-by shopping destinations:
Stonebriar Centre, where you can shop your favorites like Nordstrom’s or JC Penney’s, grab a bite at the food court or restaurants like Perry’s Steakhouse and Grille, take in a movie at the AMC dine-In Stonebriar 24, or relax after shopping at Tranquility Spa.
Frisco Mercantile offers a different kind of one-stop shopping. The store hosts a variety of merchants who sell everything from funky vintage clothing to elegant antique furniture. You can even take a trip down memory lane and buy pecan log rolls from Stuckey’s!
Live Your Best Life at Union Park by Hillwood
In addition to all the fun activities we listed above, when you live at Union Park, you’ll be close to medical centers like Little Elm Clinic and the Baylor Scott and White Medical Center. Your kids will attend schools close to home in the Denton ISD. Plus, you’ll have access to great amenities and our award-winning lifestyle program. And you’ll get to choose the new home of your dreams.
Start shopping for your new home at Union Park by Hillwood today! Our new construction builders have available homes, and many are offering incentives, so now is a great time to buy!